Monday, October 11, 2010

Good News, Fall, and Labor Scares!

Hi there! I haven't been on here in a couple of weeks because of the complete chaos that has been going on here lately. So, allow me to catch you up!

I FINALLY got someone to help me get our couch out of storage for me since 1) I'm not supposed to be lifting anything remotely heavy since I'm in my 6th month now, 2) we have a sectional couch and I don't have a truck so I'm not just going to strap the sucker on top of my pretty car (her name is Sassy) and just go for it, and 3) I honestly shouldn't HAVE to move it by myself, pregnant or not. So anyways, I finally got someone that would move it out of storage and into my house for me. All it cost me was a case of beer and since I'm not really throwing them back right now, I was more than happy to oblige. :-) The dogs and I are much happier now that we don't have to sit on the floor to catch up on our DVR'd shows. Speaking of DVR (and the ADD kicks in) how many shows is too many shows? My list, beginning on Sunday goes a little like this:
Keeping Up With the Kardashians
The Amazing Race
The Next Iron Chef
Undercover Boss
Dancing With the Stars
How I Met Your Mother
Rules of Engagement
Biggest Loser
Teen Mom
Hell's Kitchen
Better With You
Modern Family
Cougar Town
The Big Bang Theory
Grey's Anatomy
The Office
Jersey Shore
Sure, it may be a little much, but I don't work so I have to keep myself busy.

We got some good news...Chris is coming home earlier than expected! I can't say when, but I can say that he'll be home before too long and we're both SO excited!

Last Wednesday Easton gave us a bit of a scare. Wednesday morning I woke up and did a few chores around the house. Nothing too intense, just some dishes, laundry and vacuumed a bit. Around 2pm I started to get tired and having some pains in my lower abdomen so I laid down on the couch. About 5pm the pains were getting worse and worse so I decided to call my doctor just to be on the safe side because the pains were now coming with intense pressure. Of course, my doctor's office was already closed so I called up to Labor and Delivery at the hospital to see what they thought it might be. I told them what I was feeling and they told me to take some Tylenol, drink 2-3 big glasses of water of lay down for an hour and then call back. I did what they told me to do and the pain and pressure was the same, so when I called them to tell them if anything had changed they told me that they wanted me to come up so I could be monitored. I automatically start to freak out because all I can think about is that I'm going into pre-term labor, they're not going to be able to stop it for some reason, Easton is going to come extremely premature, none of my family is here, and Chris isn't here. Thankfully, my friend Brittany was already on her way over with Little Ceasar's and Beauty and the Beast for a girls night. So she took me right up to the hospital where they took me directly up to Labor and Delivery, got me strapped on to the fetal heart monitor and the wait began. They monitored me for about an hour. Thankfully I wasn't having any contractions and I wasn't dilated at all so they sent me home on temporary bed rest and told me to see my doctor the next day for a follow up. 
The next morning I went to my doctor and everything was still looking good, but she did advise me to take it easy for the rest of my pregnancy and she told me that she didn't want me to fly or drive long distances for the rest of my pregnancy. Yay for everything being okay with Easton and I, but a big giant BOO for not being able to travel because I was supposed to go back to Arkansas for my baby shower and my best friends wedding. Everybody was more than understanding, but it still broke my heart that I had to miss out on those things. The most important thing is my health and the health of Easton, so that's my main focus. The sacrifices of parenthood have already begun.

We are officially in my favorite time of year...FALL!!! Fall is hands-down my favorite season for multiple reasons...the smells, the changing of the leaves, the cooler weather, the yummy food, MLB post-season, and most of all...FOOTBALL!!! On any given Saturday and Sunday, I am sitting in front of a tv (usually yelling) and enjoying the greatest sport ever! Last year Chris and I got involved in the college and pro pick-em, so of course I wanted to do that again this year, because let's be honest...I rocked it last year! I also wanted to join a fantasy football league this year. Now most of you know that I'm not your normal "girl." Yes, I love to get dressed up, look pretty, do my hair, gossip, and oogle over some hot celebs, but I'm also a huge sports fan, and to me that doesn't just mean having a favorite team and occasionally watch a game. Nope, that means watching games religiously and actually know and understand the game. 

So with that said...

No comments:

Post a Comment