Friday, October 22, 2010

The ABC's of Me!

I'm filling in for a friend at a law office this week answering phones since her fiance' just got back from an almost 9-month deployment. Needless to say, I have a LOT of time on my hands. So I decided to do the ABC's me, so those of you who don't really know me can get a better insight on who I am and what I'm like! Here goes nothing!

A: Arkansas Razorbacks. I spent most of my life in Arkansas. That's where I graduated high school...in my whopping graduating class of 85! I always have and always will have a passionate love for the Razorbacks. Whether it's a winning season or a losing one, I'm always cheering them on! My favorite thing to do (especially during a football game) is call the Hogs...WOO PIG SOOIE!!! Do I get made fun of...definitely...especially by my husband, but do I care...not so much!
B: Baseball. My love of baseball actually started while I was in high school and dating a baseball player. Starting out, I just went to the game so I could cheer on my boyfriend (the tight baseball pants didn't hurt either). But as I continued to go to the games and really understand them, I fell in love. I ended up learning how to keep the book and traveled with the team to all of their games. Now here I am, almost 7 years later, still completely in love with the game and keeping book for my husbands squadron and base softball teams!
C: Chris. This is going to be cutesy and cheesy, so just prepare yourself. Chris is my amazing husband. We met each other through a mutual friend about 2 1/2 years ago when I moved from Oklahoma to North Carolina. We started dating in March of 2009, and the time since then has been the most wonderful time of my life. We got married on May 28, 2010 in a little courthouse ceremony (actual wedding will be July 2011). Chris is literally everything I could of dreamed of and more. Chris doesn't usually let me get away with my "princess attitude" that I can have sometimes, but he treats me like a queen. We both have extremely competitive personalities and will make a competition out of just about anything. We both have the same wants and values in life and everyday he continues to help me be a better person. He is my hero and the love of my life!
D: Donuts. I. love. donuts! Especially Krispy Kreme original glazed. Nothing beats a warms KK donut and a cup of milk. Seriously...mouth watering just thinking about it. I might just have to go get a dozen on my way home today...yup...it's been decided!
E: Easton Michael. My unborn son is already the light of my life. Right now, I'm 27 weeks and 5 days along and I can't wait to see my little boy for the first time and finally hold him in my arms. He moves around constantly now, and even when he's up in my ribs and it doesn't feel all that great, it still brings a smile to my face. If I could have an ultrasound everyday and not have to pay for it, I would...just so I could see him. The cutest thing EVER is when he gets the hiccups. Bless his little heart, I'm sure he's not the biggest fan, by this Mommy get a kick out of them.
F: Fall, Football & Facebook. I couldn't just pick one...you'll get over it. First...football. This might be a little dramatic, but football completes me. I seriously don't know what I would do if I didn't have football in my life. And it's ANY football...high school, college, professional, personally I don't care. Now...fall. Fall is hands-down my favorite season. The leaves changing, being able to swear sweatshirts, fall candles, fall febreze (umm...yes please!), fall decorations. I LOVE FALL!!! And finally...Facebook. Some people might say that I have a bit of a problem, and those people are 150% correct. I am literally always logged onto Facebook, 24/7. It's sad really. I know that this will change once Chris gets back (maybe) and Easton gets here (definitely). But for now, my life is Facebook. What can I say, I'm a stay-at-home-professional-baby-grower and I refuse to watch soaps! :-)
G: Goldsboro, NC. Now this one is not on here because it's my favorite anything...it's because I'm forced to live here (thank you Air Force). Don't get me wrong, North Carolina is beautiful, but Goldsboro is not. And people in this town don't know/understand the meaning of southern hospitality. Some say they do, but they don't. I will cry tears of joy (and probably pee myself if I'm still pregnant) when we find out we're going to get out of here. FINGERS CROSSED!
H: Housewife. This is my current job title and I love every minute of it. Am I the best housewife in the world? That would be a negative. I'm really bad at budgeting (if anybody has any tips or advice...I need it), I have to be in the mood to clean, I hate actually putting up laundry (folding it doesn't bother me), and I would rather go grab something than cook (that's just because I'm not the greatest cook in the world). But I love being able to stay home...it puts a smile on my face!
I: Ice Cream. Even though I midly lactose-intolerant, I still indulge myself in my favorite treat from time to time. Half Baked, Phish Food, Cookies & Cream, and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough are among my favorites.
J: Jewelry. I don't wear a lot of jewelry all the time, but I have my jewelry I never take off (engagement ring, eternity cross ring from my mom, a ring that was my Momma Lou's, a ring that was my Great-Grandmother Dimery's, and my necklace with the pendant that my mom had made of my Great-Granny's watch that she wore for over 65 years). Then I have my everyday jewelry...some bracelets and earrings, but then I have my "sassy" jewelry. You all know exactly what I'm talking about too. That jewelry that you by knowing right then that you might only wear it once or twice, but by golly you're gonna look HOT those one or two times you do. I have A LOT of sassy jewelry...and a lot of it, I have yet to wear. Oops.
K: Kansas City. I love Kansas City and everything about it. The life, the night life, but most of all the Kansas City Chiefs and the Kansas City Royals. I have always been a Chiefs fan, and yes, I know what most of you are thinking...why the hell would you choose the Chiefs? Yes, I also know that they haven't been the greatest over the past few years, but I'm still proud of them and will still cheer them on no matter what!
L: Life-Long Friends. These are the people that keep me sane. All through high school, and even now, I've always gotten along better with guys. Most girls absolutely drive me crazy. The drama, the fighting, the talking behind your back, wearing dresses to sporting events (one of my BIGGEST pet peeves...it's sports for crying out loud...not need to get dolled up to go to a football game, especially if you don't even know the game). Mindy, Jessica, Brittany, Brittany, and Lauren...I don't know what I would do without each and every one of you. You seriously keep me sane and help me get through my day to day!
M: Mommy & Mother-In-Law. These two woman are seriously two of the biggest influences and inspirations in my life. They have both been through so much, and they still constantly have the best attitudes and outlooks on life. I love them both dearly and I seriously don't know what I would do without them both!
N: Nana. My darling little Nana! This is my mom's mom and she is freaking amazing! My favorite thing in the entire world is to sit on her lap or sit on the floor in front of her while she plays with my hair (yes, I'm almost 23 and I still sit in my Nana's lap...problem? Didn't think so).
O: Ollie. My little Ollie Wollie! Ollie is our 3-year-old pomeranian that Chris and I adopted last spring. Chris did not, and I repe at, DID NOT, want a small dog. He absolutely hates small dogs...he believes they're more like cats than dogs. A girl I used to work with was trying to find him a good home so he didn't have to go to the pound. Of course, as soon as I found out that he was going to go to the pound I knew that it was my destiny to save little Ollie. So even though I knew I had my work cut out for me with Chris, I was determined! For about a week I begged and pleaded, and of course, he said, not only not, but hell no. I was devastated...until I decided to pull out the big guns. Now, before I tell you exactly what the "big guns" were, I need to put in a little disclaimer...I am not proud of this and I felt bad afterwards, but it ended up being a blessing. The "big guns" are as follow: One day I came home from work and Chris was already home laying down on the couch and watching tv. I walked up to him, lay down beside him, and start to sniffle a little. At first the sniffles, were fake, and then they definitely were real. Chris asked what was wrong and I told him that I was said that he was going to be deploying in July and I was going to be all by myself. I continued to tell him that I wanted a dog to keep me company, but I didn't want to get a puppy, because let's be honest, I don't see myself being able to potty train one by myself. This conversation continued for about 30 minutes and by the end of it I was full-out sobbing. About 2 weeks later we got Ollie, and Chris immediately fell in love. That is his baby...HIS dog. :-)
P: Princess. I know that every father call his daughter a princess, but I lived up to my name through and through. I was a bit of a brat during my adolescence. To this day, my dad doesn't have me in his phone as Stevie or Pooh Bear (my other childhood nickname from him), but Princess...and it makes me smile and want to wear a giant crown! :-)
Q: Quesadillas. O.M.G. I freaking love quesadillas. My favorite is the chicken quesadilla from Cookout. We don't have Cookout back in Arkansas or Oklahoma...this is a North Carolina thing, and it is life changing. From the way they crisp up the tortilla, to the grilled chicked, and the amazing sauce, it's by far one of my favorite foods in the entire world! I might just have to have that for lunch today!
R: Root Beer. This has been the one consistent craving throughout my pregnancy. I prefer Barq's root beer and I prefer it be a fountain drink with nugget ice. Before I moved back to Oklahoma for a few weeks, it was just my drink of choice whenever Chris and I would grab something to eat from a fast-food place or go out to eat. But in lovely Duncan, Oklahoma they have this place called Dave's Cave. Dave's Cave is a drive-thru convenient store that has the most amazing fountain drinks. They have just about every pop out there AND you can put just about any flavor imaginable in it. Needless to say, I was usually up there twice a day...once to get a 64 oz lime water (with fresh limes) and the second time to get a 64 oz root beer. Oh how I miss those days! Now, it's back to normal. It's just my drink of choice when I go out to eat because I'm too lazy to waddle myself into a gas station to get one.
S: Sports, Sweats & Sassy. Again, I couldn't just pick one. First and foremost, sports. I always have and always will be a sports girl through and through! And it's not just your basic football and baseball, it's just about any and all sports. I played basketball for about 10 years before my doctor told me I could no longer play because of my knees (thanks again Dad). That didn't stop me from playing for about a year and then I hurt it pretty bad, so my parents pulled the plug on it. I will always prefer college sports to professional sports for the simple fact that for the most part, I believe that once you're getting paid to play sports, you're just playing the game for the money, not for the love and passion you have for the game. Now, sweats. I am in sweatpants year-round, at the house, not outside. Since I've been pregnant, if I don't have to go somewhere where I need to look decent and presentable, I'm rocking the sweats. Oh, and we're not talking those little sweatsuits that a lot of girls wear. Nope, I'm talking big baggy XL mens sweatpants. Ah, the freedom! Last, but not least, Sassy. I have a 2009 Pontiac G6 V6 and her name is Sassy. My future nieces and nephews will call me Aunt Sassy (against my sisters will), and I am described as sassy...a lot, and I love it!
T: Taylor Elizabeth. Taylor is my little sister who is about 4 years younger than me, and she is pretty much my everything. She is one of the most talented, funny, and outgoing person I've ever met. We definitely still argue like we're sisters, but she's also my best friend, and I would KILL for her...so don't mess with her!
U: United States Air Force. Oh the military. Thank goodness it's the Air Force and not another branch of the military (no offense), for the simple fact that I don't think I could handle the long deployments. I have tons of respect for spouses that go without seeing each other for 12, 14, and 16 months. You are much stronger than I am.
I have a love/hate relationship with the Air Force. I love the benefits and the places that (maybe) we will be able to travel and see, but I hate the deployments, 12-hour work days, and having to deal with Tri-Care...ugh!
V: Vacations. Growing up we went on a vacation to Red River, New Mexico every year, and to this day those trips are some of my fondest memories. I haven't been able to go for the past 2 years because of work and Chris' deployment, but I adore vacations. Even if it's a mini-vacation, I try and make the best out of any time away with my family!
W: Wedding Planning. I LOVE LOVE LOVE planning weddings! I plan on working on getting my certification and making it a career. I love every single thing about it, the food, the decorations...all of it!
X: X-pensive Gifts. Give me a break, how many things really start with x?! Now, when I say expensive, I really don't mean expensive in price. I believe that for something to be expensive, the thought behind it has to be thoughtful.
Y: Yougurt...the Frozen Kind. Unfortunately, we don't have Braum's in North Carolina, and nobody out here knows what they are, but if you do, you know that these things are epic! The twist frozen yogurt in a waffle cone will always put me in a better mood. Hands down. Without a doubt.
Z: Zig-Zags. Let me explain...this is the way I walk. Haha. Seriously, I think it is physically impossible for me to walk a straight line, at any time. I just can't do it. Chris is constantly making fun of me because of my inability to walk in a straight line. I've always said that I would be the person to fail a sobrity test stone cold sober, and I truely belive that!

This ended up being a lot longer than I thought, but I hope you battled through it and enjoyed! Don't forget to stay Sassy and Classy!

Stevie Nicole

1 comment: