So over the past few weeks I've noticed that I have multiple pet peeves. Okay, so maybe multiple is a bit of an understatement...I have a TON. I decided that since this is my blog and my way of sharing my opinions with the world (haha right) I'd give my readers (all 5 of them) a little insight to these wonderful things we call pet peeves. You'll probably notice that a LOT of these have to do with stupid stuff that girls do. Do not be alarmed, this is not a typo. I'm not your "normal" girl. I don't really get along with a lot of girls, and 9 times out of 10 it has to do with multiple things that I'm going to talk about. So, put on your seat belts because it's going to be a bumpy ride!
1. Girls that wear dresses/skirts to sporting events. Now, this does not include cheerleaders, pom, or dancers. I'm not an idiot. I was a cheerleader for years and on the dance team my senior year, so yes, I know it's their uniform. I'm referring to the girls that wear actual dresses to sporting events. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand looking nice when you go out. But let's be honest people, wearing a dress to a football game is a little extreme. You can look just as cute and sexy in a cute top (in your teams colors of course) and a cute pair of jeans. And I promise you that you're going to get more heads turned, in your favor, wear a cute pair of jeans and a jersey. Trust me.
2. Wearing a regular bra under a sports bra. I'm not talking about young girls who are just getting used to their bodies and are self-conscious about their boobs. We've all been there in one way or another. I'm referring to grown women who do this. I understand that there are some women who have a teeny tiny frame and ridiculously large boobs and have to do whatever they can not to topple over. One of my really good friends is the perfect example of this. I actually posted about this on my Facebook last night. I was really surprised about the people that were genuinely angry at me for saying that. I had so many back handed comments and honestly it just made me laugh. One person told me last night that it was because the wanted better cleavage. Really? REALLY?! That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. If you want some good looking cleavage, then just wear a regular bra. A sports bra is made to strap those bad boys in so they don't go anywhere. Right? Right.
3. Gum/Food smackers. I've been dealing with this pet peeve for years and years and years. Hearing people smack their gum and smack their food while they eat literally makes me skin crawl. It seriously makes me anxious. A little over-dramatic? Maybe. But I'm being completely serious. I cannot stand it. I can maybe let it go if you have a horrible cold and can't breathe out of your nose because how else are you going to eat. But if you can breathe perfectly fine, there is NO reason why you can't keep your trap closed while your eating. It's common courtesy people.
4. Peeeoooopppllleee ttthhhaaatttt feeeellll tthhheeee nnnneeedddd ttttoooo wwwwwrrrriiiittteee lllliiiikkkkeeee tttthhhhiiissss. Honestly...is that at all necessary?! No, I don't think so. I see this most is younger girls, but I've actually noticed it in college-aged girls as well. Really? Somebody please explain to me what good that does! Is it because you think it's cute? Because it's not. Is it because you think that you're being funny and clever? You're not. You're being annoying and ignorant. And if nothing else, look at how much space it wastes!
5. People that do nothing but complain and try and pull the "poor me" card. I have one Facebook friend that comes to mind when I say this, and time after time I have wanted to either delete said person or go off on them. I understand that everybody has bad days, and 9 times out of 10 people are going to mention it on their Facebook. But with this person, I'm talking EVERY SINGLE DAY something is wrong with them. They sit and complain about a headache, how their lives are just completely falling apart around them, and how they just wish they could crawl in a hole. (WARNING: This is probably going to sound harsh, but it's my blog and I'm going to say how I feel. :-) ) Honestly, sometimes I wish that you would crawl in a hole, just so I don't have to read about every single thing that could possibly go wrong in your life. Most of you are probably sitting there thinking, "Well, if the person annoys you so much, why don't you just delete them." Point taken. Done. But it's not just people on Facebook, it's people in our everyday lives that feel the need to be negative 24/7, and most of the time, those people are just being dramatic.
I've got some housework to do, but I can promise you...there is more to come!