Saturday, April 2, 2011

I'm BACK...

AND I MISSED YOU!!!

I am SO sorry that I've been MIA for the past 3 weeks. As most of you know, Chris, Easton and I have been gone from our home since the beginning of February. Chris had training in Wichita Falls, TX for 5 weeks for his job and that just so happened to only be 45 minutes away to where most of my family lives in Oklahoma! So when Easton was a mere 2 1/2 weeks old, we loaded up my little car and made the cross-country trip.
After we spent the 5 weeks there, we headed up to Missouri to stay with my Dad for a couple of days and then off to Iowa for 2 1/2 weeks.
Our trip in Iowa was absolutely amazing! My amazing mother-in-law threw a wedding reception/welcome baby shower for Chris, Easton and I which meant more to me than she will ever fully understand. Chris and I got married at the courthouse and because of family issues we weren't able to have an actual wedding. I also did not get any wedding or baby showers, so this was amazing that she did that for us. We had a TON of fun and I got to design everything! :-)
On Wednesday we headed back home to North Carolina, and let me tell you...after over 2 month away from your house and living out of suitcases...HOME.IS.FREAKING.AMAZING!!!

So let me catch you up a little on my family and myself...
Chris:
Chris will start back to work on Monday and as much as he's enjoyed I think he's enjoyed his time off (haha) I'm pretty sure he's ready to get back into the swing of things.

Softball season is officially here! For those of you who don't know...Chris and I are HUGE sports fans and he plays on both his squadron and base softball teams. Squadron doesn't travel which means weather permitting, Easton and I will be able to make it to every game. However the base teams does nothing BUT travel, which is fine with me. We discussed it, and I don't want to be one of those ridiculous over-bearing housewives that "doesn't allow" her husband to have a life. We'll be able to go to most of the games, just not the ones in 150 degree weather (which I'm okay with missing out on).

Easton:
Easton will be 3 months old in 9 DAYS!!!! Seriously...I can't believe he's already that old!

We weighed him ourselves last week and he's up to a whopping 14 POUNDS!!!!! Needless to say, we have a little chunky monkey on our hands.

He is IN LOVE with his Bumbo!

He doesn't like to be held facing the person who is holding him. He has to be able to look out and see what's going on.

He's SO close to giggling! I'm convinced that he really knows how, but he's just making us suffer.

Tonight is night #3 of him being on a routine and sleeping in his crib! YAY!

He's loves bath time.

Stevie:
I have started my class to become a certified wedding planner! PS...I LOVE IT!

I have also started making hair accessories. I have a shop on Etsy called Sassy's Accessories. Head on over and check it out! If you see something you like, but would like it in a different color, just send me an email and I'm sure we'll be able to work something out! :o)

I've fallen off the weight-loss bandwagon, but I'm starting back on Monday.

I chopped of my hair...again. I FINALLY got what I wanted, after almost 4 months and 3 hair dressers!
I made the headband I'm wearing in this picture! It's available for sale at Sassy's Accessories!

I've become mildly obsessed with coupon clipping!


That's all for now folks! I'll start back up with my daily postings on Monday, but for now, here are some pictures to hold you over until then. ENJOY!

Chillin' in his Bumbo!

How can you resist those chubby little cheeks?!

My In-Law Family:
Brother-in-law Josh, Sister-in-law Bre, Mother-In-Law Denise, Easton, Chris and I.

Food table at the reception!

All the grandchildren (and the one great-grandchild).

The beautiful Miss Elyse with the guest book I made.

Chris and I talking to some of our reception guests.






No comments:

Post a Comment