Thursday, February 10, 2011

30 Day Blog Journal - Day 1

So I've decide to go ahead and jump on the 30-day bandwagon! I'm kind of surprised (and slightly proud) that I've waited this long to start it. So here we go!
Day 1 - My Favorite Song
Now, anybody that knows me knows that I have a slight obsession with music...from just about every genre. It would be absolutely impossible for me to choose just one song, so I'm going to put a few up here.
If I absolutely HAD to just pick one (which I don't because it's my blog ;-) ), it would probably be "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." Eva Cassidy has the best version of this song (video below). This song is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard and could literally listen to it 24/7. This song will be played at my funeral (while everyone is wearing pink). One of my fondest memories of this song was when my little sister Taylor and I sang it to my Granny for her birthday right before she passed away. The smile on her face meant the absolute world to me.


My second song is "Forever" by Ben Harper. I guess this would be considered mine and Chris' "song" even though we haven't ever officially declared it as such. Right before he deployed in July of 2010 I was listening to it on my iPod. This was after we found out that we were expecting our first child so with that plus the upcoming deployment I was overly emotional. Chris came up to me, put one of the earbuds in his ear, took me into his arms, and we danced right there in the middle of the kitchen. I don't know if he truly understands how much the moment meant to me, but it will forever be etched in my memory and in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment